Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lovin' It?

So- McDonald's has released a new ad in France which portrays the chain as "gay friendly".
Take a look:



What do y'all think? I love the slogan at the end, "Come as you are" and I love that McDonald's, a major restaurant chain, is clearly showing solidarity with it's gay consumers. I also hope that this sort of message will make it's way to the States for broadcast. However, some people think the spot is a tad sombre.

We want to hear what YOU think! Love it or hate it, you cannot deny it's original.



-Vignette-Noelle Lammott, Fish out of Water Blog Commentator -


"To find out more information about LGBTQ rights, gay marriage, religion and homosexuality, The Bible's stance on gay relationships or the politics around gay mariage please feel free to contact us or book a screening of FISH OUT OF WATER. Please note that a study guide can be downloaded from the "Book A Screening" page at www.fishoutofwaterfilm.com"

2 comments:

B said...

Glad to see you here! We were blessed to meet Ky this weekend AND hear her speak!

hitchcockhill said...

Bill O'Reilly asked on air if McDonald's was going to give Al Qaeda the same ad. Here is my letter to FOX NEWS - sent to 2 producers and 2 executives:

Dear FOX News Producers and Executives,

I used to watch The O'Reilly Factor daily. I stopped when I started a job in which I travelled and just didn't have access to the network. I would normally come out to Bill O'Reilly's defense and even FOX news when people would call the network extremely biased to the right. I consider myself to lean right on some issues - but I guess being gay makes me more centered nowadays. I am not some angry crazy person calling for a boycott, or wanting to yell and scream - I am just shocked at Bill O'Reilly's comparison to me being a terrorist because McDonald's in France would have a very different marketing campaign seen before in history.

I know Bill thinks there is some huge gay agenda at work in the world - but really the only agenda I see is that we want to be treated equally at work, at home, with the government. Maybe some other "gays" have plans to take over the world - but this gay guy in his mid twenties born in the sticks of Idaho just wants to be treated equally - and I don't sense Bill really gets that. Bill always seems to be logical - but to compare us to terrorists - it really does sicken me and breaks my heart. Not funny. Not cute. Not acceptable.

I still don't get why people are so afraid of gay people - I don't believe in sensitivity training because it's political correctness run amok - but in this scenario maybe Bill should talk to the countless parents of dead gay children who have taken their lives because the feeling of hatred perpetrated by society and now Bill O'Reilly made them think they were better off dead - as well as those who have been murdered for being who they were.

I definitely do not want a forced apology like some may be yelling and screaming for - it always makes me laugh when people demand forced apologies - an apology is supposed to be authentic and real - so if Bill wants to stand by his statement - so be it - I unfortunately will definitely reassess how I spend my time with FOX News.

Good day to you all,

Eric